Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tornados in Milwaukee!

I was in the lab grinding salvia divinorum leaves, when I heard on the radio the warning alert system, I used to hear it in Mexico as a test, but never for a real situation.

This time was different and they were broadcasting a tornado alert, very close to our place to not to worry.

Fortunately my boss was here and I asked him about the possibility of a tornado in this area. He just answered:

"Umm... between summer and winter we have a lot of tornadoes in Wisconsin"

and I was like:

"What?!!"

Then he said:

"I didn't want to tell you this before because you probably wouldn't come to Wisconsin, but don't worry, tornadoes usually kill around 50 people a year"

Am I supposed to be relieved by that?

I barely squeezed through the H1N1 flu to be here and be killed by a tornado?

Come on!!

Any comments would be appreciated, specially on how to make a tornado-proof shelter.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, you are in a solid brick building. our bathroom is probably the best place to be, away from windows and very solid. plus, if you're scared, you can always sit on the toilet and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what!? You're the tornado expert, what should I do on the toilet when I'm scared?

    ReplyDelete