Sunday, January 18, 2009

What the heck is SEO?

Do you guys know what SEO is?

Me neither some weeks ago, but my boss told me to do some research about it and to master this thing.

SEO means: Search Engine's Optimization. In other words, it means that you do some changes in your site and everything related to it, focused on getting a better ranking on the Search Engines results, as an example, if you "Google" Salvia Extracts, the page ranked on first place usually gets most of the clicks, and that means more selling for that page.

Right after this point, everything gets very technical (meta tags, spiders, bots, On-site, Off-site, backlinking, etc.), and too much theories about what works and what doesn't (backlinking, On-site, linking exchange, quality links, etc.)

So you can imagine the trouble that I have by getting all this figured out, and then, to put it into practice.

If there's someone out there that knows a little more than the things I wrote above, I'll be glad to hear your tips. Specially about backlinking, which was the subject that my boss recommended me to master.

As always, I would like to know about you and your questions about the site (BHB) where I'm working. Personal questions are welcomed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment